In 1952 The Aligarh Old Boys Association Rawalpindi / Islamabad decided to setup a number of schools on modern lines all over the country and to name each school after Sir Syed, our great benefactor. The main objective was to revive u Pakistan as far as possible, the “Aligarh spirit” which since the days of Sir Syed, has played so prominent a role in the renaissance of the Muslims in the sub-continent, culminating eventually in the establishment of Pakistan.
With this end in view a survey of Pakistan was carried out by a sub-committee of the Aligarh Old Boys Association, which visited as many as 22 places, where European type public schools were functioning. In pursuance of the recommendations of the sub-committee, the first Sir Syed School was established in Rawalpindi cantonment area in 1953 under management of the registered body called Sir Syed Education Committee. It progressed rapidly and within one year it enrolled about 350 students. In 1954 it was placed under the joint control of the Association and The Cantonment Board. It was then taken over by the federal government.
The committee launched in 1955 a deaf and dumb school in Rawalpindi cantonment area, which was the only school of its type, imparting vocational as well as academic education in the north western part of the country, the school at present is functioning as a government taken-over institution.